What is the MBAA-RMD scholarship program?
Two scholarships are awarded per calendar year through the scholarship program. The scholarship is set up to provide partial reimbursement of fees or associated costs relating to the applicant’s furthering of his/her knowledge and understanding of the malting and brewing fields.
The funds awarded to the applicant can be applied to any necessary expense related to his/her educational experience, including but not limited to, course fees, travel and meal costs, and book purchase.
The District’s Scholarship Committee will determine the amount to be awarded to the applicant up to a limit of $500.00 or fifty-percent of the cost of the applied for expense, or whichever is less.
Who is eligible to apply for the program?
All members in good standing with one-year of tenure in District Rocky Mountain are eligible to apply for this scholarship. In order to be considered for a District Rocky Mountain scholarship the applicant must complete a scholarship award application.
The applicant is expected to submit a written summary and deliver a verbal presentation describing his or her technical experience and how he or she benefited from the experience at the MBAA Rocky Mountain District meeting within 6 months following the reimbursement.
Any misrepresentation on an application or supporting documentation will disqualify the applicant from receiving scholarship funds.
How are scholarships awarded?
Awarding of the scholarship funds will be made upon receipt by the committee the applicant’s proof within six weeks of the expenditure that the represented qualifying event has occurred and been paid for in full.
How do I apply for a MBAA-RMD scholarship?
In order to be considered for a District Rocky Mountain scholarship the applicant must complete a scholarship award application.
Please provide the following information:
- Application essay including:
- Date of membership in District Rocky Mountain
- Permanent mailing and e-mail addresses
- A description of how the applicant became interested in the industry and how she/he got to where she/he is.
- The details of the specific expense for which the funds are being sought and why it is felt the applicant and/or District will benefit from the experience.
- The name of a current District member who supports and endorses the applicant and the application.
- Resume including:
- A synopsis of employment history within the past 3-5 years with considerable detail given to positions related to brewing, malting or associated businesses.
- Two personal references within the District, with contact information, who are willing to attest to the applicant’s commitment to the industry and the District’s goals and objectives.
- Curriculum Vitae including:
- Educational background from high school completion through to present. Include fields of study if applicable.
- Special achievements, honors or recognitions received
Scholarship Application Form
Comments or questions are welcome.
To enquire further about the MBAA-RMD scholarship program please contact the District Scholarship Chair Monica Mondragon